I take your privacy as seriously as I take my own.
About this Policy
1. As a Humanist Celebrant I am committed to putting humanism into practice. Through my ceremonies, I advance free thinking and freedom of choice so everyone can live in a fair and equal society.
2. When doing this, I process personal data about people who enquire about and/or receive services from me. I am committed to protecting your privacy and take this responsibility very seriously. I therefore take care to safeguard it. This notice outlines what data I collect, how I may use it, how I protect your data and your rights, and how you can exercise those rights.
3. References to ‘I’ or ‘me’ are to Martha Lawton, Humanists UK accredited celebrant number 449971.
4. I regularly check this notice to ensure I provide you with the most up-to-date information regarding our data processing activities. I strongly advise you to read this page from time to time to ensure you are happy with any changes that might be made.
6. If you have any questions about this policy, please contact me using the details in the ‘Contact me’ section below.
Why I collect your data
8. I collect personal data for many reasons, including to provide you with services, communicate with you, and send you information you have requested, and administer ceremonies. Depending on how you interact with me, I may process data for the following reasons:
a. to provide you with information about ceremonies, Humanists UK, humanism, or Humanists UK-related activities that you have requested
b. to communicate with you about my work
c. to process personal details required for the administration of ceremonies you have booked or expressed an interest in
d. to record and contact you regarding payments you make to me
e. for my own internal administrative purposes, and to keep a record of your relationship with me
f. to manage your communication preferences
g. to conduct surveys, research and gather feedback
h. to obtain information to improve my services and families’, and guests’ experiences
i. to carry out research to find out more information about my clients’ and prospective clients’ backgrounds and interests
j. to comply with applicable laws and regulations, and lawful requests from statutory agencie
Information I collect
9. I may collect the following personal information:
a. your name
b. contact details – including your postal address, telephone number(s), and email address(es)
d. details of relevant personal circumstances when providing you with ceremonies
e. details of family members in order to include these in ceremonies.
f. your payment details
g. records of your correspondence and engagement with me
h. information you may enter via my websites
i. photographs, video or audio recordings
k. biographical information
l. IP addresses (for analytics purposes, not stored with your other records)
m. other information you share with me
10. This information may be collected via:
a. any paper forms you complete
b. telephone conversations or face-to-face interactions
c. digital forms completed via my websites, or online surveys
d. publicly available sources
e. communication via social media
11. I sometimes also collect sensitive, personal data about individuals. This includes information about health, religion or belief, sexual orientation, ethnicity, political and philosophical beliefs, and criminal records. I will normally only record this data where I have your explicit consent, unless I am permitted to do so in other circumstances under data protection law.